Key Stage 1 Maths
Time & Location
About the Event
Maths is often an area of the curriculum that we can feel confused by due to not understanding the calculation strategies that children are taught at school and how these progress as the children work their way through school. In many cases, these have changed significantly since we were at school ourselves!
This workshop will give you:
- An understanding of expected and exceeding outcomes for the end of year 1 and year 2 in the maths curriculum.
- Methods to support your child if they are struggling at home.
- The opportunity to try out the calculation strategies that your children will be taught at school and show you the progression in these strategies from year 1 to year 2.
- A chance to ask any questions you may have and an opportunity to meet other parents with children in the same school year as yours.
- Tried and tested resources to take away, enabling you to confidently understand and support your child’s maths learning at home.
Join us if..
- Your child is in year 1 or year 2.
- You would like to understand more about how maths is taught in schools.
- You would like some tips and tricks on supporting your child's maths learning at home.