Phonics and Reading
Time & Location
About the Event
- Are you struggling to explain, to your child, how to sound out words phonetically?
- Would you like to master how phonics is taught so you can best support your little one with their homework?
- Do you have trouble getting your child to read at home?
- Would you like to ask experienced teachers any questions?
We promise to share insights into how your child is taught to read as well as fun activities & resources that you can use at home to support your child's learning.
The workshop is led by two former deputy head teachers who have worked in Ofsted “outstanding” rated schools. They are also parents themselves so you can guarantee the methods are tried and tested!
You will come away knowing:
- Exactly how phonics is taught in schools.
- How to get even the most reluctant reader to enjoy reading!
- Time with experienced teachers to answer any questions you have.
- How to help your child phonetically decode words.
- What to do when a word can't be decoded phonetically.
- You will also take away a resource pack of activities and information to use with your child at home, including: key word flash cards,a list of recommended websites that are tried and tested and phonics phase mats.
The workshops are in the evening, and we know you'll have had a long day, which is why drinks or a glass of wine will be at the ready!
All this is at an introductory offer of £39.00. But hurry, there is not long left to book yourself a place.
We look forward to seeing you there.
Nicky and Ellie
- Introductory offer£39£390£0