Support Your Child in Maths - Key Stage 1 (5 - 7 years)
Time & Location
About the Event
Supporting your child’s maths at home can be a challenging and daunting tasks, particularly as….
You will come away knowing:
- Exactly how maths in taught in year 1 and year 2 in schools.
- How each of the fours operations: addition, subtraction, multiplication and division are taught in years 1 and 2.
- How the different methods are used and the order in which they are taught to your child.
- How to explain these methods to your child.
- Fun and practical games that you can play with your child to improve their mental mathematical knowledge.
- Time with experienced teachers to answer any questions
- You will have an emailed resource pack including: practical resources to use with your child including:
100 square, number line to 50, multiplication square, a list of recommended websites, that are tried and tested, an outline of year 1 and year 2 maths expectations, a visual guide to how each mathematical operation is taught to your child and much more!