Supporting Phonics and Reading Zoom Workshop
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us on our Supporting Phonics and Reading Online Course, to ensure you understand all the best techniques to support your child with their phonics and reading. You can make a huge difference! Let us guide you through key terminology, techniques and fun activities to arm you with all you will need to make your child's start on this journey a success. A live session led by Ellie and Nicky, two really experienced Deputy Headteachers and parents themselves, with over 25 years of teaching experience between them.
The Workshop includes:
- What is Phonics?
- The Phonics Stages explained and the individual sounds
- What is segmenting and blending?
- How Phonics is taught in schools and games to play
- What are Tricky Words and fantastic games to remember them?
- Techniques for reading with your child and checking they understand what they have read and so much more!
- You will also have emailed a free resource pack of activities and information to use with your child at home, including: key word flash cards,a list of recommended websites that are tried and tested, phonics phase mats, questioning techniques to check your child's understanding of what they have read and much more!
A teacher is doing well if they manage to listen to your child read once a week. It is recommended that we listen to our children read every day (but more realistically perhaps 4 times a week). This is 4 times more than their class teacher will do. Therefore it is vital that we understand how to best support our children with their reading and phonics journey.
Join us on our Supporting Phonics and Reading Zoom Workshop, to ensure you understand all the best techniques to support your child with their phonics and reading journey.
You can make a huge difference.
We'd love to see you there,
Nicky and Ellie
- Supporting Phonics and Reading£15£150£0